Thursday, April 4, 2013

Major Bludd - Mercenary

Today's mini is kind of a big deal for me, because he's one of my favorites: Major Bludd.

Despite the fact that Major Bludd retreated almost as often as Cobra Commander, I always thought he was cool in a smarmy, pirate-y kind of way. And in the Marvel comic, he was down right bad-ass sometimes.

I think the fact that he had the stiff robo-arm and was the first mail-away figure I ever got also made him seem...special...compared to the others.


Finding a mini with Bludd's unique helmet proved difficult, so I opted for a slightly different take on it. The Heroclix Zod mini just looks menacing to start with. After adding some green stuff to the right arm for his arm armor, and a little eye patch, I think he came out looking maybe even a little better than the original.

Maybe that knife is actually a quill for his poetry writing:

     When you're feeling low and woozy
     Slap a fresh clip in your Uzi!
     Assume the proper firing stance
     And make the suckers jump and dance!
     (from The Attica Gazetta).

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment