Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Airborne - Helicopter Assault Trooper

Other than Snake Eyes and Scarlett, most of the original thirteen G.I.Joes were just a bunch of guys in various shades of green. Great at first , but a little dull after a while.

Airborne was one of the first ones I picked up from the second wave and for quite a while, he was my new team leader and the one who got to go on all the choice assignments.

I guess that means Airborne was my Duke.





There are probably a ton of different minis that would work for Airborne, but I knew from my previous Alley Viper that the Heroclix S.W.A.T. Heavy Weapons would work. The helmet, vest, and knee pads all match pretty well.

Looking at it now, I see I forgot to add the patch on his sleeve. Might have to go back and touch that up.

Now, where am I going to find a 28mm sized Dragonfly copter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment