Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver - The Enemy

If I had known what the Power Rangers were in 1983, I would have said the Cobra H.I.S.S. Driver looks like a Power Ranger.

So, perhaps it's appropriate that I choose to use a Zerboz Power Rangers figure for Cobra's first tank driver.






I didn't plan on it, but the pose for the Zerboz Green Power Ranger Super Samurai is similar to the card art for the 2008 version of the H.I.S.S. Driver. Nice!

I trimmed his Super Samurai Shoulders a bit, since they were Super Pointy. Using green stuff, I added his little helmet ridge and chest plate.

I tried painting a decent Cobra symbol but...there's a limit to how much effort I'm willing to go through for these guys and that was it. I decide to settle for a close approximation, squint-and-you'll-see-it version of the Cobra logo.

I was going to give him the thigh-high boots but after I started painting I preferred the look of the lower boot. I think it balances nicely.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment