Thursday, May 23, 2013

Night-Viper - Cobra Night Fighter

Generally, when I pick out a mini to paint for this site, it's something that is similar but requires some changes.

Today's miniature could have been used straight as it was and it would have been fine.





The Night-Viper was one of the coolest figures from the late 80's run and I'm just about convinced that this Horrorclix Corp. Response mini is based off the design. He's got a similar suit design, the night vision goggles, even the color is pretty close.

In fact, I like the design of the Horrorclix figures suit so much I just repainted it in a color slightly closer to the Night-Viper but didn't try to match the Night-Viper's leg design.

I would say this was one of the easiest conversions, but painting around that shield was kind of a pain. I guess I could have put a big cobra symbol on the shield too, but I went for function over fashion.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment