Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Flint - Warrant Officer

Still trying to catch up on my back log of minis to paint, including a small selection of minis from EM4 Miniatures, like this one:

In my personal G.I. Joe canon, the chain of command went something like this: General Hawk > Flint > Snake Eyes > Everybody else > All of the animal companions > Duke. (I may elaborate on this in the future.)

Like Lady Jaye, for Flint I had to decide what was most iconic and what could be skipped. While Flint is usually shown with his shotgun, I decide on the EM4 Minis 0429 Trooper Sub Leader. He may lake the shotgun, but makes up for it with his commanding presence.

I suppose I could have painted his shoulder armor straps green to mimic the toy's suspenders, but it just didn't look right to me.

With Flint complete, I have almost all the Joe and Cobra power couples represented.

Now, I just need to find a sailor...

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment