Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gung-Ho - Marine

Gung-Ho was the first G.I.Joe figure that made me do a double take when I first saw him. People joke about the day-glo colors of some of the later figures, but look at Gung-Ho. What is he going to blend in with in teal camouflage?

Gung-Ho is one of the iconic early Joes and, like Roadblock, got a lot of use in the cartoon as "the big guy". For that reason, I don't mind the fact that I couldn't find a good grenade launcher for him to use. In the cartoon, he rarely used anything other than his fists anyway.

I used the Samandahl Rey Heroclix for Gung-Ho, adding his hat with green stuff and trying to approximate his chest tattoo.

Since the cartoons like to play up his Cajun side, maybe I should have given him some gumbo.

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment