Monday, June 9, 2014

Golobulus - Cobra-La Leader

If there's anything that divided G.I. Joe fans, it was Cobra-La's inclusion in the G.I.Joe cartoon movie and what it did to Cobra Commander's back story.

I was kind of on the fence about the movie at the time. I didn't like the retcon, but thought the Cobra-La toys were kind of cool. Besides, what could be more Cobra than a snake-dude.

Now, I consider the movie to be like an Elseworlds or What If story. There's some good ideas in there...along with some lousy ones too.

For Golobulus, I used a Heroclix Lava Man and replaced his legs with green stuff. I made a half-hearted attempt to pattern the snake body like the figure but decided it was too much work. I also added his armor and eye patch thingy with green stuff.

COBRA-LALALALALALALA!

(Had to do it.)

-c

No comments:

Post a Comment