Friday, January 30, 2015

Hermes Conrad - Bureaucrat

When I first started watching Futurama, I felt like it was sometimes too easy to see some of the characters as filling the same niches as Simpsons' characters. (Bender is Homer, Leela is Marge...sort of...etc.)

Hermes was the character that stood out to me as not having an easy Simpsons' equivalent, which I like.

Plus, he's basically a walking quote-generator.

"Sweet something of... of someplace."

For Hermes, I wanted someone bureaucrat-looking, so the Lucius Fox Heroclix (with paperwork) was just right. I used green stuff to *attempt* to make his hair. Not sure about how that turned out. And I guess he lost some weight?

Favorite Episode

"How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back" because what else would it be. It's just a great episode all around, and a good spotlight on Hermes.

Favorite Quote

I thought about going with, "My Manwich!" because it's iconic, but my favorite quote is a line from his bureaucrat song:

"When push comes to shove, you gotta do what you love, even if it's not a good idea!"

That's kind of inspirational...if you don't think about it too much.

-c





No comments:

Post a Comment